Dollar Tree, Inc. (DLTR) insider have most recently took part in a trading activity. On Jun 16, 2017 Lewis Lemuel E, Director bought 3,475 shares having total worth of $248,289 at the price of $71.45 per share, following the transaction a total of 14,504 shares owned by Lewis Lemuel E. Before this latest buy, Lewis Lemuel E purchased DLTR at 2 other times during the past twelve months, for a total investment of $249,750 at an average of $82.5 per share.
The stock has experienced a total of 5 insider trades in the past three months. These trades include 5 sell activities .Furthermore, over the past 12 months , the stock was traded 12 times by insiders. In 9 of these trades, the insider was a seller while an employee of the company was the buyer in 3 instances.
|Time Frame||Number of Insider Buy||Number of Insider Sell||Stock Price Change(%)|
Shares of Dollar Tree, Inc. (DLTR) traded down 3.37% on Jun 15, 2017, hitting $72.73. 3,957,483 shares of the company’s stock traded hands. Dollar Tree, Inc. has a 52 week low of $72.73 and a 52 week high of $98.12. The company’s market cap is $18,970 million.
Dollar Tree, Inc. (DLTR) last announced its earnings results on May 25, 2017. The company reported 0.98 earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, lower than the consensus estimate of 0.99 by $0.01. The company had revenue of $5,287 million for the quarter, compared to the consensus estimate of $5,290 million. During the same quarter in the previous year, the company posted 0.89 earnings per share. The company’s revenue for the quarter was up 4% on a year-over-year basis.
|earnings per share||0.98||1.39||0.81||0.72||0.89||1.01||0.49||0.67||0.71||1.16|
Dollar Tree Stores, Inc. was incorporated in the State of Virginia. The Company is an operator of discount variety stores offering merchandise at the fixed price of $1.00. The Company’s stores operate under the names of Dollar Tree, Deal$, Dollar Tree Deal$, Dollar Tree Canada, Dollar Giant and Dollar Bills. In 4,476 of these stores, it sells substantially all items for $1.00 or less in the United States and C$1.25 or less in Canada and in all of the remaining stores, operating as Deal$, it sells items for $1.00 or less but also sell items for more than $1.00. As of 2 February 2013, the Company has added freezers and coolers to approximately 2,550 stores to increase sales and shopping frequency. As of 2 February 2013, it operates 4,531 stores in 48 states and the District of Columbia, as well as 140 stores in Canada. The Company’s selling square footage increased from approximately 30.3m square feet in January 2009 to 40.5m square feet in February 2013. It buys approximately 58% to 60% of its merchandise domestically and imports the remaining 40% to 42%. Its domestic purchases include basic, seasonal, closeouts and promotional merchandise. The Company’s merchandise mix consists of: consumable merchandise, such as candy and food, health and beauty care, and household consumables such as paper, plastics and household chemicals and in select stores, frozen and refrigerated food; variety merchandise, such as toys, durable housewares, gifts, party goods, greeting cards, soft lines, and other items; and seasonal goods, such as Easter, Halloween and Christmas merchandise. Its competitors include single-price dollar stores, multi-price dollar stores, mass merchandisers, discount retailers and variety retailers. The Company owns several federal service mark registrations such as ‘Dollar Tree’, the ‘Dollar Tree’ logo, the Dollar Tree logo with a ‘1’, and ‘One Price…One Dollar.’ It also owns a concurrent use registration for ‘Dollar Bill$’ and the related logo. It has acquired the rights to use trade names previously owned by Everything’s A Dollar. With the acquisition of Deal$, it owns trademark ‘Deal$’. With the acquisition of Dollar Giant, it owns trademark ‘Dollar Giant’ and others in Canada. It also has federal trademark registrations for a variety of private labels that are used to market some of its product lines. The Company’s business is subject to a wide array of laws and regulations.
Latest posts by William White (see all)
- Insider Trading Review: FS Investment Corporation $FSIC - January 13, 2018
- Insider Trader Watch: ENERTOPIA CORP $ENRT - January 13, 2018
- Insider Trading in Focus: Swiss Helvetia Fund, Inc. (The) $SWZ - January 13, 2018